Information and Advice Officer
Initially 3 months
This role will be part of an integrated front line Information and Advice Team which will assess customers' circumstances either face to face, by telephone or email at first point of contact. This role will deliver a professional, impartial outcome focused service ensuring all possible avenues are explored to prevent homelessness at first point of contact, provide housing related advice and consultation and to assess emergency presentations prior to placement.
- To assess customers circumstances who approach the service at the first point of contact in line with relevant legislation and processes
- To have excellent customer service skills in dealing with a busy and pressurised frontline service dealing with the public on a day to day basis and be able to work as a team and with stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome for both the customer and the Company
- To deliver an excellent customer service to all our customers by providing expert information and advice ensuring that knowledge of relevant Housing Law, policies, pathways and local options is maintained and up to date, including a good understanding of the functions and duties of other key agencies and welfare rights
- To be able to give advice to customers, landlords and partner agencies regarding security of tenure, rights to matrimonial homes, injunctions and transfers, illegal evictions and landlord and tenant disputes
- To be able to give advice on prospects for rehousing via the Choice Based Lettings Scheme and to advise of more realistic alternative options if necessary
- Actively seek to prevent homelessness and support the work of colleagues and others in identifying and providing solutions/options for our customers and signposting to relevant agencies
- As first point of contact respond effectively to customers who present either as homeless or threatened with homelessness and through the use of mediation, conciliation, advice or advocacy on legal rights try to enable the prevention of homelessness
- Interview either face to face or by phone and carry out initial enquiries into homeless applications. Ensure cases are referred promptly and with appropriate information and documentation and emergency placements are made once authorised
- To ensure that written and computerised records are kept accurately, up-to-date, and in accordance with the section?s expectations and procedures, enabling monthly statistical information to be provided regarding performance to the manager
- To ensure consistency and quality of the service being provided by taking part in regular quality checks of recorded calls
Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
If you wish to apply for this role, please submit your CV to ******************************
If you do not hear back within 7 days of submitting you application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959517799