Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Technical Authority
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent - South West London - £50,000 - £58,000 per annum
Would you like to be part of a programme, carrying out complex technical analysis to support the resolution of problems and improvement of engineering capability? Our client currently has a vacancy for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer at their site in South West London.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, the successful candidate will be undertaking a defined range of SI related, systems engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements under the direction of the Team Leader and Technical Authority.
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to be part of a programme, offering longevity and the opportunity to use state of the art technology.
- Carrying out complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluating and selecting technical options, and preparing reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability
- Carrying out investigations into operational problems or developments and developing and preparing solutions, individually or as a member of a project team
- Preparing specifications, developing designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carrying out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained
- Acting as the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on specific engineering matters, resolving relatively complex problems and issues and maintaining awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
- Participating fully in capturing requirements, designing, implementing and testing software for the Shared Infrastructure system with particular focus on the aspects
- Supporting the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids
- Systems engineering experience
- Strong knowledge and experience using VMware
- Experience using the following technologies; vGPU technology, VNC, RDP, RemoteApp and PCoIP
- PowerShell Scripting and Automation experience
Our client is looking for someone who has a collaborative approach with the ability to liaise with a variety of different people, internally and externally.
Benefits: Our client's employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. They also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Technical Authority
Location: South West London
Salary/Rate: £50,000 - £58,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC / DV Clearance
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515558