Our award-winning manufacturing client is now seeking a professional, organised and dynamic Design Engineer to join their senior team based in Runcorn.
Working very closely with the Managing Director your role will be critical to the on-going business performance and efficiency. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Design Engineer with a sound knowledge of the manufacturing industry, in a mass or bespoke production environment. This is an exceptional career opportunity to work with some top-notch customers across some exciting industries.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Take the lead with the design of products and work closely with the manufacturing team to have the products made
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tools and materials, and observing production in action
- Improving efficiency through analysis and planning of workflow
- Assuring product and process quality through design of testing methods and carrying out final testing on finished products, providing feedback where improvements are required and noting required changes in processes
- Helping to prepare quotes based on BOM production
- Liaising with customers over design projects and current products, answering enquiries effectively
- Helping to run the MRP and MPS software (similar to SAP)
- Preparation of all technical documentation, ensuring all processes and quality standards are kept up to date
- Ensuring all production employees are trained and up to speed on all processes, and that health and safety regulations are always adhered to
- Work closely with Accounts / Administration to use and understand Sage Manufacturing software
- Maintaining the QA and BSI certificates
- Maintaining drawing register and drawing updates
- Statistical analysis of spreadsheets
- Liaise with Works Manager and Accounts daily
- Maintain your own technical and professional knowledge through training, reviewing professional publications and utilising personal networks
Skills and Experience
- Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND level in an engineering discipline
- Experience of using AutoCAD is essential for this role
- Knowledge of SolidWorks or any other mainstream application
- A good understanding of manufacturing and design processes
- Experience of quality control in a manufacturing environment
- Dealing with complex information and presenting technical information to others
- Strong leadership, communication and technical skills
- A hands-on problem solver who is able to use their initiative alongside their technical knowledge to make sound decisions that will lead to improvement
- Team player who likes to get stuck in and make a difference
You will be working with both Mac and Windows operating systems in an open plan office environment alongside the finance / administration team as well as the Managing Director.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with a highly competitive basic salary and an opportunity to develop your own skills further whilst on the job. Dress code is casual, and the business is fun, friendly, hardworking and focussed on success.
To find out more and speak with one of our retained consultants please apply with your CV and covering letter and we will be back in touch at our earliest opportunity.
Keywords: Design Engineer, Manufacturing & Design Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, AutoCAD.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to ******************* for further consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959514116