Retain International apart of Capita are recruiting for a UI Designer
£35,000 + benefits
Location - London
N.B Closing date for applicants - 15th December 2017
Retain International (part of Capita Group) is a software house specialising in the development of enterprise web, mobile and Windows applications.
We provide software and support for professional organisations in the UK and overseas including leading consultancies, banks and accounting firms, serving over 250,000 users worldwide.
Based in Holborn, London, we offer a challenging and informal environment, along with competitive salaries and excellent prospects.
About the role
You will play a key part in defining the customer experience, interaction design and look & feel of our web application, as well as working on the mobile and desktop applications.
Working cross-discipline with offshore and onshore developers, international clients, and internal project management and support teams.
- Supporting multiple software delivery teams with their design requirements
- Writing design documentation to facilitate technical development, including:
- Information architecture
- Expected behaviour and process flows
- Static mock-ups
- Screen flows
- Delivering design solutions, including:
- Interactive prototypes
- Production-ready HTML & CSS
- Design assets
- Maintaining legacy features and bug-fixing:
- General user interface improvements
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Liaising with clients:
- Capturing business requirements
- Present design solutions
- Ownership and development of inhouse design processes
- Excellent communication with:
- Clients: to capture requirements and present design solutions
- Internal project teams: plan design process
- Internal development teams: to design and build features
- Receiving and responding to design feedback
- Planning design meetings
- Conducting agile scrum meetings
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Concise copywriting
- Front end web design
- Standards and accessibility compliant HTML
- CSS / SASS
- Visual design
- Photoshop / Sketch / Illustrator
- Interaction design
- Responsive / mobile design
- Front end web development
- Angular + React
- Git / Version control
- iOS / Android design
In order to be considered, applications **must** include:
- Covering letter
- Portfolio link
- Expected salary
- Current Notice Period
- Any VISA restrictions
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959516388