IT Service Desk Engineer Apprentice
We are looking for 2 motivated and enthusiastic apprentices to join our multi-talented Service Desk and help deliver the best possible service to our customers.
We will be provided with admin access to a vast array of tools where you can grow and learn how to properly properly support a global IT support function. We expect you to have the energy and passion to deliver using all of these technologies and be eager to take your technology to the next level.
Our company values are all about being different and having fun, whilst still working hard and getting stuff done! There's no dress code here, we are diverse and we judge nobody... we want you to work hard and enjoy yourself! We have pool tables, table football, break out spaces, subsidised canteen, onsite starbucks, pizza ovens, free breakfast and fruit, cycle hub, showers, free drink Fridays, walls of fun and a fantastic office in the heart of the city. We offer 25 days holiday and a training subscription to ********* amongst many other benefits!
- Contributing as part of a 15 person team working together to resolve faults and requests raised through the Service Desk
- Answering Service Desk calls and emails, utilising the ticketing system to track faults and requests
- Resolving hardware, software and network issues across the company, performing new starter setups, building equipment and completing user amendments
- Identifying recurring problems, spotting trends and performing root cause analysis
- Enrich the Service Desk knowledgebase with troubleshooting guides and other useful documentation
- Reviewing unresolved issues daily, chasing progress and keeping users informed
- Providing a high level of customer service face to face, over the phone and via email
- Providing desktop support for installations of PC's, laptops, monitors, peripherals and repair work
- Shadowing users computers remotely to offer expertise and guidance with many applications
- Working inside the engine room of Rentalcars collaborating with other teams like networks, infrastructure, databases and security
- Regularly visiting all areas of the company to resolve and identify IT issues
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, delivering technical information to customers with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Confidence in supporting desktop hardware and peripherals across a variety of devices
- Knowledge of configuration, support, and failure analysis of Windows and Apple operating systems
- Understanding of local, client-server, and database application functions
- Excellent time-management skills; multi-tasking and prioritising work effectively
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative and constantly evolving environment
- A logical, methodical approach to analysing faults and solving problems, with a keen attention to detail
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure, whilst showing initiative and considering the wider impact
- Basic understanding of networking TCP/IP and how a LAN / WAN network work
- A natural ability to learn quickly and to easily absorb technical knowledge
- Self-motivated team player with a 'can-do' attitude
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- Life Insurance
- Pension... and more
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 16:00
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510238