Science Technician Grade/Level: Level 2
Job Purpose: To provide technical support services to the department, including the preparation of materials, and setting up of equipment for class practical sessions and maintaining equipment for use.
Reporting to: To work under the instruction of the Senior Technician/ guidance of teaching/senior staff. Expected to perform delegated duties with limited supervision.
Responsible for: none
* Set up and prepare equipment and materials for teaching staff.
* Prepare materials for student use as requested by teaching staff.
* Administrative and organisational support to develop the curriculum, photocopying, display and organisation of materials.
* Ensure that work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean and safe condition appropriate to Health & Safety Standards.
* To make decisions using own initiative where appropriate within established practices and procedures.
* To maintain the confidential nature of information relating to the school, its students, parents and carers.
* Contribute to Campus life and the overall vision, values and guiding principles of the Campus.
* Attend and participate in training events and participate in project teams.
* Attend, lead and participate in regular meetings.
* Comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting any concerns.
* To carry out any other reasonable requests as and when required.
* Contacts will be internal at all levels, parents/carers, Trustees, Governors, community groups, Health, Social Services, Local Education Authority, contractors, external agencies.
Whilst every endeavour has been made to outline the main responsibilities and duties of the post, the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. As business changes roles will naturally evolve. Job descriptions will be reviewed with postholders and updated periodically to reflect this.