Head of IT
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading supply chain organisation as the Head of IT based in Bristol.
A market leading supply chain organisation looking for a Head of IT based in Bristol.
The organisation has experienced and is continuing to experience very exciting growth and is looking to recruit a Head of IT to provide leadership, strategy and evolution to the organisation's IT, people, and processes. The Head of IT will play an important role within the senior management team and be an integral part of driving the business forward as it continues its development and growth plans.
The successful candidate will have the necessary business skills to review the existing technology, people & processes and, alongside senior stakeholders of the organisation, build and implement a strategy to allow the organisation to improve its technology, people and processes which enable the business to reach its growth potential whilst delivering the very highest levels of customer services.
The successful Head of IT will be responsible for all IT including applications, business systems, data/BI, development, security and infrastructure. You will provide strategic leadership to improve efficiency, processes and develop and implement a robust and sustainable IT strategy that maximises technology as a tool for sustainable business performance and differentiation
- Leading, coaching motivating and managing the performance of all IT team members (20+)
- Responsible for all IT - IT Support, Networks & Infrastructure, Applications, Security, Projects, Development & BI/Data
- Effectively communicating all aspects of IT to non IT stakeholders in a clear way
- Ensuring all work within the department is scheduled and all IT projects meet both external and internal requirements
- Champion the role and capability of the IT function to the wider organisation
- Lead and deliver a variety of organisational projects - systems implementations, migrations, upgrades, roll outs etc.
- Ensure all IT projects meet both external and internal requirements
- Ensure all IT projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Continually seek to improve the effective use of the IT systems and technology
- Ensure there are adequate, documented and proven critical systems, disaster recovery plans and data backup checks & restore schedules in place.
- Ensure that all IT processes are properly documented and understood
- Fully understand the businesses requirements for the IT department and define KPIs/SLAs to support these requirements
- Champion the IT function to all other business functions and personnel - implement a clear and understood set of process to improve efficiency and customer service.
- Support the implementation of a standardised set of methodologies across the function - process, structure, organisation & control
- Management of 3rd party suppliers
- Budget management - CAPEX & OPEX
- Experience of managing a large IT function comprised of a variety of skill sets i.e. development, IT support etc.
- Supply chain industry experience - Retail/Logistics/FMCG/Manufacturing/Transport etc.
- Experience of managing very technical/development resources
- Ability and desire to get 'stuck in'/'sleeves rolled up' as and when required
- Strong experience of working with data/BI
- Will have proven experience of building process, consistency and strategy into an existing IT function to ensure service excellence
- Will have exceptional leadership and organisational skills with the ability to think critically and independently
- Be able to work as a key figure in senior management team to support delivery of the company's growth plans
- Manage an IT function at a senior level and continually improve the output of the department
- A proven track record developing, delivering and managing complex solutions
- Proven team building, management and leadership capabilities
- Ability to identify business needs and provide technology solutions to maximise efficiency and eliminate unnecessary processes.
- Strategic planning & execution including business case development
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills to ensure business needs and effective solutions can be clearly and rapidly defined
- Experience of working with 3rd parties
£55,000 - £75,000 based on experience + Package
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959517410