Product Owner / Product / Software / Requirement gathering / User stories / Road map / Roadmap / Housing sector / Housing Association / Local Authorities / Social Housing
Currently working with a client who is a major force within the software solutions for social housing sector who is looking to add a Product Owner to their successful team. As Product Owner, you will be responsible for the end-to-end experience of one or more digital products, including both mobile and web applications. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that your products are intuitive, easy to understand, beautifully designed and meet the needs of our customers.
The role combines product management duties such as researching and understanding market conditions/trends, capturing customer and stakeholder requirements, defining product scope, explaining rationale, building business cases, creating product backlog items and wireframes, leading delivery, testing, go to market planning, monitoring performance and performing retrospectives as well as supporting our customers both internally and externally.
Using agile methodologies (Scrum) you are expected to provide both insight - the ?why? - and deliverables ? the ?what? into all your thinking. You will be an integral part of the product team but also work very closely with most other departments. This role requires a creative and collaborative person, who is able to execute efficiently and intelligently.
As Product Owner you have proven experience writing epics, user stories and clear acceptance criteria; commercial leadership skills, excellent knowledge of web and mobile products and technologies and strong analytical skills. You should be able to wireframe and iterate your thinking and be used to working at speed within a small team.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Manage the P&L of your products, maintaining insightful analysis of all statistics relating to the success or otherwise of the products.
- Capturing and tracking of performance KPIs; share that data internally in order for the broader organisation to understand the products and ultimately make better informed decisions
- Formulating and communicating product features, functionality and positioning as well as expected and de facto business value to the company
- Creating Product Backlog Items in the forms of Epics and User Stories with clear acceptance criteria and managing that backlog according to business priorities
- Driving development forward and prioritisation of ongoing work
- Supporting QA in the testing and sign off of product increments
- Work according to the Product specific process for R&D, Development and Go to Market planning
- Fully define and lead cross functional teams to ensure the successful implementation of Go to Market plans
- Engaging with customers, users, the sales and implementation teams on an ongoing basis, collate their feedback and iterate the roadmap for your products accordingly
- Collaborating effectively with all relevant departments and stakeholders within the company as well as with key external partners
- Liaise with relevant external partners on product releases where required
- Evaluate and monitor competitor activities and conceive strategies to counter them
- Effectively, passionately and from a position of knowledge, support the copmpanies Sales and Implementation teams in their efforts to secure revenues
- Contribute to the efforts of collected product management team by sharing best practices, key learnings, constructively provide feedback, complete tasks and actions accurately and on time
- Ensure that any required tasks for our accreditation's are carried out and reported as determined by the company
- Ensure the companies Personnel policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that you report any risk items to an appropriate line manager so that they can be dealt with and recorded in accordance with the companies procedures
- Ensure that the companies Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures are complied with and fully maintained
- Compliance with all other company standards, policies, procedures and agreements
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515141