Technology Acquisition Manager
Rolls-Royce is a global business providing power systems for use on land, at sea and in the air. The Group has a balanced business portfolio with leading positions in the civil and defence aerospace and marine markets. We invest in technology and capabilities that can be applied to products and services in each of the global markets we serve.
As a Technology Acquisition Manager, the purpose of your role will be to manage the technology investment prioritisation process, based on development and updating of the company technology portfolio and investment cases, and underpinned by roadmaps to deliver competitive technology.
You will be programme managing the schedule and process to make sure that the technology roadmaps and portfolio assessments are in place to support strategic planning and Manufacturing to Production (MTP) timelines. You will be challenging business roadmaps to ensure rigor in regards to benefit cases, efficiency, and alternative technology acquisition (licensing, mergers & acquisitions, Do/Buy/Partner assessments).
- Prepare presentations, reports and papers suitable for the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Science & Technology sub-committee.
- Develop methods, tools and processes for use with businesses in the development of technology competitiveness assessments and gaps, and roadmaps to deliver competitive technology.
- Facilitate the use of these methods with the relevant points of contact in the businesses, using the business product strategy as a basis for the discussion.
- Define which elements of the business technology roadmaps should be included in the cross-company capability roadmaps.
- Prepare a portfolio view of technology acquisition by different types of investment/business cases.
- Provide recommendations about the prioritisation of technology development.
- Proven sound technical judgement across multiple disciplines.
- Strong programme management skills and track record.
- Ability to separate key information from detail.
- Experience of working across the businesses and functions is preferred.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Create momentum. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513362