Deputy Financial Accountant
Chase and Holland are recruiting for a large city centre based organisation looking for a Financial Accountant in a busy Finance function. The team in particular focus on providing key stakeholders with financial information including budgets, forecasts, and financial statements and monitor compliance with banking covenants.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant to broaden their managerial experience as you will be leading two Assistant Financial Accountants and a Finance Assistant. This is an interesting and varied role where you will be engaging with all business areas and will contribute to creating accurate financial projections as well as ensuring data integrity.
Key Experience required:
- Preparation of year-end financial statements and analysis of financial data Experience of designing and implementing financial controls
- Experience of completing VAT returns and providing VAT / PAYE advice
- Experience of providing technical advice to non-financial colleagues Experience of managing a small team
- Experience of transitioning to IFRS / FRS102 Cash flow forecasting and management of cash balances for optimum returns
Day to day Activities in the role include:
- Assist in the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements for the organisation and its subsidiaries
- Liaise with external tax advisors and HMRC to ensure that the organisation complies with tax and accounting regulations
- Prepare the quarterly balance sheet
- Review monthly reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts including fixed assets and payroll accounts
- Review the cash position weekly to ensure that the organisation can meet all of its financial commitments
- Prepare the monthly medium term cash flow and investment profiles for review
Our client can offer a convenient city centre location, great work life balance and a stimulating and diverse working environment. This would be a great role for a Financial Accountant looking for the next step to Finance Manager as the organisation is committed to succession planning and supporting personal development.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959514672