Infrastructure IT Services Assistant
- Optimise use of . and other resources to investigate potential business benefits/risks/costs from leveraging specific new/emerging infrastructure technologies as requested by Infrastructure IT Service Owners and the Head of Infrastructure IT Strategy & Architecture
- Optimise the infrastructure IT service innovation Proof-of-Concept approach/process
- Using Proof-of-Concept approach, lead work to determine if specific new/emerging infrastructure technologies are likely to add sufficient value to be worth implementing more broadly in ., and if so how.
- Ensure Infrastructure IT Service Owners are effectively and efficiently supported in the execution of Proof-of-Concepts to enhance their services and add more business value.
- Ensure Head of Infrastructure IT Strategy & Architecture is effectively and efficiently supported in the execution of Proof-of-Concepts to help determine infrastructure strategic direction and add more business value.
- Establish and maintain Proof-of-Concept approach/process that prioritises, selects, plans, designs and executes Infrastructure IT Services related Proof-of-Concept initiatives to determine technical feasibility, likely benefits/risks/costs from implementing broadly and recommend way forward. Including clear triggers, prioritisation, approvers, steps/activities, inputs, outputs, participants, stakeholders & key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure participants are trained in and follow the Proof-of-Concept approach/process
- Select those to lead/participate in each Proof-of-Concept, brief them on their task, and support them in achieving it.
- Where non-. resources are involved in Proof-of-Concept activities, ensure their involvement is appropriately triggered (ie ME resource) and they are held accountable to timelines.
- Lead/participate in some Proof-of-Concepts.
- Report progress of whole portfolio of potential and actual Proof-of-Concepts and KPIs to stakeholders regularly
- Regularly liaise with Infrastructure IT Service Owners and the Head of Infrastructure IT Strategy & Architecture to ensure the Proof-of-Concept approach/process is meeting their needs, and evolve/improve it as necessary.
- In support of Space IT** services, resolve all incidents, problems and requests working closely with other internal teams and the supplier of the Space IT** segregated environment. Covering normal . business hours and limited out of hours maintenance activities, liaising with the backup support staff to maintain cover during your absence.
- Create & maintain Space IT** service strategies & roadmaps aligned with strategic business plans & IT architecture roadmaps, trigger initiatives* as needed, and report progress to business and IT stakeholders
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of relevant new/emerging technologies, performing technical evaluations, and facilitating the business and IT to assess their potential.
- Facilitate the business and IT to determine appropriate Space IT** service innovation initiatives* to leverage new/emerging technologies, trigger appropriate innovation initiatives*, and participate/lead them as needed.
- Act as a key stakeholder for Space IT** service implementation/change initiatives*, ensuring they are fit for purpose & use & compliant with laws/regulations/. policies, related information is appropriately secure/available/reliable/useful, and that ongoing support will meet business expectations.
- Define & maintain definition of Space IT** services (in Service Catalogue) that meet evolving business requirements & so business can use them as defined, with service level agreements (SLAs) that reflect evolving business needs, the capabilities of IT and underpinning contracts
- Oversee all elements of delivery of Space IT** services so they are delivered in line with business expectations (SLAs) including; Manage IT Events, Manage IT Requests, Manage IT Incidents & Problems, Manage IT Knowledge, Manage IT Performance Capacity & Availability, Manage IT Change & Configuration, Manage Software & Hardware Assets, Manage Backup & Restores, Manage Disaster Recovery & Data Centre Outage, Manage Starters/Movers/Leavers, Manage IT Records.
- Report Space IT** service level achievement, issues/risks & remediation plans to business and IT stakeholders
- Drive continual improvement of Space IT** services, identify improvement opportunities & trigger actions/initiatives* to deliver them, lead/participate in Continual Service Improvement actions/initiatives as required, and report progress to business and IT stakeholders
- Identify complaints & escalations related to Space IT** services, trigger work to remediate them, and report progress to business and IT stakeholders
- Ensure information stored/processed in Space IT** services remain appropriately secure ongoing (addressing changing needs related to information classification, compliance with security standards, access control, vulnerability remediation, threat protection, event/incident detection/response/recovery, independent testing/assurance), aligned with .s risk appetite and compliant with laws/regulations/. policies
- Establish and maintain quality/performance standards and related measures that indicate the extent to which Space IT** service quality/performance is fit for purpose & use, and meets business needs. Ensure quality checks are executed to the correct standard. Maintain remediation plans as needed.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77586009