Assistant Accountant - Finance Team
Assistant Accountant that has excellent numeracy and analytical skills with a high attention to detail is required by a busy Finance Team for a well-established and globally recognised Theatre Group based in London.
SALARY: £24,000 - £27,000 per annum
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Assistant Accountant that has excellent numeracy and analytical skills with a high attention to detail is required by a busy Finance Team.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will join the Company?s busy Finance Team, which sits within the charitable trust, and includes the Finance Director, Head of Finance, two Management Accountants, the Box Office Assistant Accountant, Purchase Ledger Clerk and the Assistant to the Finance Director.
Working as the Assistant Accountant you will assist the Management Accountants with accurate and timely support on all financial processes across all Group Companies.
For this role, the Company is looking for someone who wants to apply their financial expertise to a career in the arts. You will be a likeminded team player who is adaptable, energetic, engaged and personable. This role will provide an excellent opportunity to gain an understanding of the inner workings of one of the world?s most vibrant and illustrious theatres, and to see how staff across all departments work towards achieving our objectives.
As a successful candidate, your will have a great opportunity to work at this truly inspiring place. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a landmark institution at an exciting time in its history and be part of its future.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Assistant Accountant will include:
- Preparing and posting contra journals across various companies for running productions
- Bank reconciliations
- Posting salary journals (for each production)
- Supplier payment runs including Bank payments
- Allocating invoices on Sage
- Filing invoices electronically
- Updating and posting petty cash
- Aged debtor reporting for corporate & sponsorship revenue
- Sales ledger / purchase ledger review
- Petty cash control
- Credit card postings
- Addison Lee & other direct debit postings
- PAYE/NI submissions & payments to HMRC
- Matching invoices received to purchase order numbers
- Making payments to settle intercompany balances
- Processing sales invoice requests
- Act as key finance point of contact for production coordinators and crew.
- Dealing with production queries/requests in a timely manner
- Assisting with audit files
- Bank reconciliation & invoice processing for small subsidiary company
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The working culture is proactive and collaborative. As an organisation, they prize creativity and the bravery to be led by that. They all bring passion and an entrepreneurial spirit to their roles. They work hard and take a can-do approach, and they have as much fun as they possibly can in the process.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- You may come from a similar role within the arts or charity sector, or they may be looking for an entry into the arts
- You will preferably be studying towards a professional financial / accountancy qualification (or be able to demonstrate relevant experience)
- Possess excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have a flexible approach to changing priorities and calmness under pressure
- You will enjoy being busy, be comfortable working in a non-conventional yet exciting environment and have a good sense of humour
- You will also have strong time management skills
- You will be confident with all Microsoft packages (MS Word in particular, and preferably Outlook) and having familiarity with Sage 200 would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV?s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3792
Full-Time, Permanent Accountancy Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959517879