Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager
New Addington, Croydon, Orpington, Biggin Hill
To coordinate and oversee the production of a wide range of bespoke software solutions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as the Software Development Manager
- Ø Will need to have a UK or European passport as international travel is part of the role.
- Ø Lead the software team; a group with a broad range of skills and expertise, in the design of high quality first class products.
- Ø To be responsible and take ownership for, and when necessary be able to undertake, all aspects of the software development process, from requirements gathering through to final testing and support.
- Ø Ensure projects are kept aligned with business interests, including on-budget and on-time.
- Ø Provide regular updates to both team and group manager on team/project progress.
- Ø Provide guidance, mentoring and support of technical and non-technical subjects to team.
- Ø Research and quickly understand new technologies, processes, strategies and tools as led by both team and project requirements.
- Ø Identify and oversee research into future product opportunities of interest to the business.
- Ø Undertake performance reviews with team members.
- Ø Identify and organise team training and professional development.
- Ø To operate safely at all times in line with Company health and safety requirements.
- Ø To undertake other duties within your capabilities as your manager may assign to you from time to time.
- Has led large (>1 year, >£1M budget), high-profile, multi-discipline software projects.
- Experience of leading a team, understanding resource skills, and planning and delegating work accordingly.
- Experience of managing budgets, forecasting and dealing with suppliers, contractors and other third parties.
- Strong background in the software domain, including use of a wide range of technologies and platforms
- Experience with design and development of software systems from concept through to testing and deployment
- Experience of company representation in a professional setting e.g. at conferences or working groups
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good planning skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively
- Project/Programme Management (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, Agile)
- Breadth and depth of software knowledge to allow sound technical decision making
- Excellent understanding of C#/.NET, WCF and Windows Services
- Experienced in working Object Orientated Design and UML
- Experienced in using XML, XSLTs and defining XSDs
- Working knowledge of communication technologies such as HTML, Websockets, SignalR, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP etc.
Good understanding of at least a few of these areas:
- SQL Server, SSIS and SSRS
Honours degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Desirable - Chartered status e.g. BCS
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959517271