Database Administrator - London - Salary up to £65,000 benefits
Database Administrator ? London ? Salary up to £65,000 + benefits
Our client a leading Utilities/Insurance brokerage organisation are seeking a Database Administrator to join their team in Central London.
As a database administrator, you'll be responsible for the performance, integrity, design, management and security of both transactional business data bases as well as the data ware house and data transformation tasks.
Joining a fast growing business you will work together with a team of Business Analysts, Developers, System Administrators and the BI Team. You will have ambitious plans to transform how data is utilised within the business. Having a deep understanding of data and how to effectively use it, the DBA role will lead a passionate quest of business transformation by rebuilding our data infrastructure and redesigning and rebuilding our data warehouse. Using the expertise gained from tried and tested experience, they will work closely with key stakeholders to earn trust and deliver a service that will support our high growth plans and helping to realise additional growth potential.
As well as being a data expert, the DBA will be an exceptional role model, promoting best practices, learning and development and introducing a culture of sharing and collaboration. It is important they engage with the wider community and are always abreast of emerging practices in the technology front, whether it is new tools, a new process or approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the performance, integrity, design, management and security of both transactional business data bases and the data ware house database for reporting & analytical purposes.
- Ensuring systems are up and running and stable, and data transformation tasks and systems as well as backups are running smoothly
- Monitoring database performance and optimising of these
- In conjunction with the IT Programme Manager - Defining a new data warehouse project and working with IT Operations Manager & Head of Development and BI Team in building a robust and scalable data warehouse platform.
- Work with stakeholders and BI team in defining and delivering a strong single point of truth reporting approach.
- Own data governance, working with the compliance team to ensure we are compliant (GDPR, Data Projection etc.)
- Working with BI to create a data-driven function that passionately uses data to drive business insight and opportunity and making this available within the business through easily accessible reporting.
- Ensure we are innovative, using data with intelligent technology to offer new ways of insight. Continuous service improvement - own the will to be more than what we are.
- Supporting as well as upskilling the BI team with regards to SQL expertise, best practises in reporting and data warehouse design
Experience and knowledge required:
- Highly experienced with Microsoft SQL & MySQL
- Highly experienced in SQL query design & optimisation
- Highly experienced in database design for the purpose of data warehousing & reporting
- Highly experienced with SQL Server Administration (security, backups, reliability)
- Great knowledge of various ETL tools, including MS SSIS as well as cloud services.
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure and architecture -AWS & Azure
- Familiar with cloud database Systems such as Amazon Redshift or Azure Data warehouse
They are looking for someone who matches the following:
- A driven and self-motivated individual who can work on their own initiative
- A logical and structured approach towards troubleshooting and project work
- An excellent communicator who can influence and build strong relationships
- Assertive and able to convince people on way of thinking
- Thinks outside the box
- Well organised and eye for detail
- Dynamic and can do attitude
- Adaptable to changes
- Proven work ethic
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & results driven
- Work smarter not harder attitude
- Someone with a sense of humour and likes to have fun
- Enjoy working in a fast, fun and lively environment
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959514061