IT Systems Support & Administrator - PowerShell & Office 365
IT Systems Support & IT Administrator - Advanced PowerShell, Office 365, Cloud, Azure
Office 365 & Cloud Tenancy Configuration. Advanced PowerShell & Scripting in a Microsoft Ideal. Applications - Skype, Yammer and Office Pro Plus. MS Exchange Server 2010, MS Exchange Online in a large multi-server hybrid estate (1,500+ Server) environment. Active Directory & DNS, Windows Server 2008/2012 & Cluster Services, NLB, VMWare and/or Hyper-V Technologies, AZURE Cloud Services, Network and Server Management, SCOM.
£35,000 to £38,500 + Excellent Benefits
Solihull, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, West Midlands
Global supplier to the industry and facilities environments are seeking an enthusiastic IT Systems Administrator to provide Support and Administration within their on-premises Datacentre in the West Midlands.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Update the configuration of the Microsoft tenancy for cloud services, ensuring that settings are optimised for security, performance, and appropriate delegation of access rights to business units.
- Carry out technical service transition tasks, including creation of service operations manual comprising technical procedures, standards, and configuration documentation.
- Carry out implementation of operating processes for managing the Office 365 and Active Directory Services in a delegated authority process.
- Implement system administration tasks, user and security administration, house-keeping, software upgrades including daily health and status checks.
- Provide monthly licensing reports & provide allocation of licensing ensuring best value and best practice is delivered on investment.
This will involve expert working knowledge and experience in implementing and supporting the following technologies:
- Office 365 administration and management of cloud tenancy configuration in an enterprise environment.
- Understanding of the client environment for applications such as Skype, Yammer, and Office Pro Plus
- Advanced PowerShell and scripting in Microsoft environments
- Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Online in multi-server hybrid environment
- Active Directory and DNS
- Windows Server 2008/2012 including Cluster Services and NLB
- VMWare and/or Hyper-V Virtualised
- Azure Cloud Services
- Network and server management and monitoring tools such as SCOM
- Server and network security, and management of user rights and permissions
- Documentation skills using Visio, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint as appropriate.
- ITIL Foundation qualification and/or a sound understanding of ITIL disciplines is preferred
For the successful candidate the client will offer a secure and stable working environment, an excellent salary and benefits package and a progressive career path.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959517165