Senior Systems Administrator
I am currently recruiting for a great client of ours who is in the online education sector and they are seeking a administrator to join their ITIL environment on a permanent basis ideally before christmas.
This is a great chance to get on board with an organisation of roughly 500 internal users, they are seeking someone to help them grow by fully supporting their IT needs and any issues they face too. You will be the sole Administrator for their Sheffield office and you will be supporting the other few offices they have in the UK too. This is a mix of a service desk and desktop support role where you will be responsible for administration and support of the company?s IT and infrastructure operations. Some of the responsibilities are but not limited to;
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Manage incidents and problems from event to resolution in conjunction with other resolver groups as required.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Maintain clear and consistent communication related to incidents and problems as they are investigated and resolved, with all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure all release and change management processes are followed for infrastructure and end user computing as required.
If you feel that you are a good fit for the role or would like to find out more then please send a CV to my email address or call us on ************** Thank you for your time.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959517176