Product Manager - B2B
A B2B Product Manager is required for my West Midlands based client, a successful eCommerce/eLearning and publishing business.
We're looking for a Technical Product Manager, from a strong academic background, likely to be a former developer with strong technical capabilities, you'll be the sort of person who takes pride in engineering highly effective products, has a strong focus on customer-led decision making, and have a strong track record in preparing clear and concise technical and functional specifications
- Experience of the implementation of a large scale B2B identity and access management solution is essential.
- Experience in the implementation of online learning and content delivery or a similar B2B product would be an advantage, as would experience working in Agile teams and in digital publishing.
- You will be an experienced Product Owner with 2-3 years experience within an international business or team
- Experience conducting user research and transforming analysis into recommendations
- Adept at understanding product capabilities and breaking these down into well-formed user stories
- Skilled at communicating to stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Experienced negotiator with ability to handle conflict
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled problem solver
The B2B Technical Product Manager will be responsible for fully specifying the capabilities needed to deliver book, self-paced, and live courses, into medium and large scale businesses, you will identify solutions/platforms that can integrate with our other platforms to provide a unified user experience that meets these specifications, and be part of the selection process to identify and contract the same.
- Fully specify the capabilities needed to deliver book, self-paced course, and live courses, into medium and large scale around the globe.
- Identify solutions/platforms that meet the specifications and be part of the selection process to identify and contract the same.
- Ensure that the implementation of the solution is aligned with the specification.
- Work closely with all stakeholders (including in particular the owners of our other platforms which will have key inter-dependencies with any B2B solution) to ensure effective and efficient implementation.
- Meet delivery objectives by maintaining ongoing contact with development team and escalating issues that arise.
- Ensure that features are implemented correctly and work as expected.
- Develop a continuously updated product road map including continuous review and evolution, ensuring that ongoing development continues to meet the needs of our B2B clients and to place us at the forefront of the marketplace.
- Understand gaps in the market and requirements from existing and potential customers, the sales team, support, management, developers and partners.
- Conduct user research, generating product development ideas, acting as product owner on new developments and educating the business on product capabilities, features and behaviours.
- You will become the expert for the delivery platform for our B2B products and services, maintaining an in-depth knowledge, you will document and communicate product capabilities, and be able to answer questions from both the development teams and the business.
- Assist with the on-boarding of customers as required.
- Assess market competition by comparing company's product with competitors products.
This is a key role with in the business and offers the chance to work closely with the Head of Development and Chief Operating Officer, and alongside the Heads of eCommerce, Training, Subscription, and B2B Sales, to build and deliver an enterprise level solution for providing products to businesses around the globe.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510758