IT Development Manager - London - Salary up to £65,000 benefits
IT Development Manager ? Central London ? Salary up to £65,000 + benefits
Our client a leading Utilities/Insurance brokerage organisation are seeking an IT Development Manager to join their business based in Central London.
As the Development Manager, you'll be responsible for the development, maintenance and innovation of our digital websites and applications as well as our internal tools, apps and services. Working closely with the IT Director and other tech leaders in defining the development strategy.
Working with the Technical Team Leader to manage a team of both Ruby and .NET developers, working closely together with business analysts and QA?s.
You are joining a fast growing business that has ambitious goals to grow and digitally transform the business. As a key player, you will be responsible for the implementation of projects such as the migration to a new CRM system, integrating this with all our bespoke tools and services, a new online digital journey & my account portal as well as a mobile application.
You are a technology expert know your technical architectures and design patterns. While you are not expected to be hands on writing code, you should be familiar with both Ruby on Rails and .NET platforms as well as be familiar with Cloud Platforms such as AWS.
You?re passionate about your team, whom you will support and develop, you will also be an exceptional role model, promoting best practices, and maintain a culture of sharing and collaboration. You are engaged with the wider community and are always abreast of emerging practices in the technology front, whether it is new tools, technology, a new process or approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development Strategy - You will work with business leaders and peers to continuously evolve a strong plan to support the overall business strategy.
- Solution Delivery - Full end to end delivery of new development projects, from inception to deployment.
- Full application ownership - You and your team don?t ship code over a wall, but take full ownership of the application once it goes live, ensure they are running stable, are secure, watching out for issues, monitoring exceptions and pro-actively correcting issues if they arise.
- Optimise Development - You have a pro-active attitude and always looking for ways to automate & optimise and improve processes, services and tools.
- Technical Solution Design - You take pride in delivering a technical design that consider both business and technological considerations. You engage with other business teams & colleagues, as well as third parties to assess feasibility of projects, as well as time & cost and leads on the design to deliver technical solutions.
- Third Party Management - You will own the relationship with existing and new partners ensuring strong governance to always deliver high standards.
- Team communication - Daily communication with the wider team & internal stakeholders, facilitate issue resolution.
- Technical Innovation - Engage with the development community and bring new technologies into the business that can help promote innovation and support the company vision.
- Team Development - Supporting and helping develop your team, through promoting best practices, implemented improvements as well as coaching and mentoring.
- Experience and knowledge required:
- Solid people management skills
- Experienced with managing third party outsourced development
- Familiar with Microsoft SQL & MySQL
- Familiar with Ruby on Rails & .NET Platforms
- A good eye for good user experience
- Highly experienced Solution Design, Infrastructure and design patterns
- Experienced in Agile Development
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure and architecture, such as AWS
- Familiar with cloud database Systems such as Amazon Redshift
We are looking for someone who matches the following:
- A driven and self-motivated individual who can work on their own initiative
- A logical and structured approach towards projects
- An excellent communicator who can influence and build strong relationships
- Assertive and able to convince people on way of thinking
- Thinks outside the box
- Well organised and eye for detail
- Dynamic and can do attitude
- Adaptable to changes
- Proven work ethic
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & results driven
- Work smarter not harder attitude
- Someone with a sense of humour and likes to have fun
- Enjoy working in a fast, fun and lively environment
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959514033