Assistant Accountant - Northampton
Your new company
My client are a market leading, specialist construction business based in Northampton.
Your new role
This exciting Assistant Accountant opportunity offer the opportunity to work in a small but highly competent finance team as a key partner to the business.
- Assist the Finance manager and Finance Director in preparing monthly profit & loss; balance sheets; cash flow reports.
- Assist in reconciliation of balance sheets accounts, variance (to budget) analysis of monthly results including review of job costs and analysis of margins as required.
- Provide support to Purchase Ledger; Sales Ledger; Credit Control; Payroll sections as requested.
- Reconcile and maintain cost and sales analyses on certain contracts including reconciliation of rebates and retentions.
- Production of weekly and monthly cash summary.
- Involvement in banking; treasure; VAT and other HMRC returns as required.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will have a solid grounding in finance and be either AAT qualified, studying towards a qualification or have the equivalent level of experience. Experience in a construction firm or related environment would be a significant advantage but is not essential.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a strong salary and benefits package as well as study support if required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77577121