Test & Integration Engineer
Job Role: Test & Integration Engineer
Salary/Rate: Fantastic Salary!
Clearance: DV Clearance
Test & Integration Engineer - Permanent - Manchester - Fantastic Salary!
A fantastic opportunity to join our client who has a number of vacancies in their rapidly growing Test & Integration Team. They develop software using an Agile/Scrum methodology and the successful candidate will be involved fully in the software develo pment lifecycle, working closely with the developers in an integrated team environment.
Key Responsibilities for Tester:
- Performing activities associated with integration, system and customer acceptance test phases of the system development lifecycle
- Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software development team
- Defining test environment and tool requirements
- Create and manage automated test scripts
- Create and perform test manual test scripts
- Contribute to the production of test strategies and plans
- Report on status of test execution
- Record defects/test issues and support the wider development team in their resolution.
- Support the development team at formal and artefact reviews as necessary
Essential Skills for Tester:
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, and demonstrable application of relevant Test methodologies and toolsets
- Requirement verification and validation for software based systems
- Test specification development
- Test script preparation
- Experience of Automated Test Tools such as Selenium, Cucumber
Desirable Skills for Tester:
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux
- Knowledge of developing in a high level language such as C++/Java
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Experience of scripting languages; Python, Perl
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Linux system administration skill
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
- Degree in numerate subject desirable but not essential
- Our client is looking for test & integration engineers, with professional experience
- Experience of software testing and integration in a military or Government project background would be an advantage, but is not essential
- A broad knowledge of Information Security "best practice" would also be useful
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515568