First People Solutions are currently supporting an established Engineering, Construction, Building Services and Facilities Management client as they source Gas Engineers with both Commercial and/or Domestic experience. They have expanding projects throughout the East of Scotland/Edinburgh areas and the role will offer genuine routes of progression as well as long term/stable work. Gas Engineers will be responsible for undertaking various planned and reactive maintenance tasks and occasional new minor installation work.
They are seeking candidates with the following experience;
- Carry out Planned Maintenance to gas appliances and pipework in line with contract specification, industry guidelines and association with company H&S policies
- Carry out Reactive and Emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork and certification to the same standard.
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance to M&E and building fabric, plant and equipment as required.
- Ensure timely submission of all reports, timesheets and certification.
- Assist other team members when required or as directed from Technical Services Manager.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed within the contractual timescales.
- Supervision of visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health & Safety.
- Adopt a flexible attitude in relation to assisting other engineers as and when required.
- All duties carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To understand and complete all related documentation accurately and on time.
Multi Skilled Gas Engineers are expected to have most of, if not all of the following;
1. S/NVQ Qualifications/Recognised apprenticeship
2. Commercial Gas - CIGA1, COCN1, CORT1, TPCP1/1A
3. Demonstrate previous experience in a Maintenance role, particularly in relation to Gas, M& E and building fabric services
4. Demonstrate a general knowledge of all building systems
5. Current UK Driver's License
Should you have most/all of the above and keen to obtain long term/permanent employment in a very busy sector, they will be able to offer the following;
- £30-31,000 per year basic salary, with company van/fuel card
- 29 days holiday
- Life Assurance x2 times salary
- Childcare Voucher
- subsidised Westfield Health Care Scheme
- Discounted gym membership
If this is a position you are interested in - please send your CV to Stevie at First People Solutions via the "apply" link.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959516556