LEAD ENGINEERING MANAGER
I am working on behalf of a leading and innovative Chemical Processing company based in Hertfordshire. They pride ourselves on making products that have a positive impact on our planet.
They value and look after their workforce as they are their biggest asset.
They are currently recruiting for a Lead Engineering Manager to join their team.
Accountable for a team of engineers and technicians who are responsible for the day to day performance of the tooling and equipment within a value stream. Responsible for delivering and improving processes capability, through application of PFMEA, Lean, TPM. Leads optimisation of capacity through Value Stream design, bottleneck elimination and initiates major project requests through project engineering team
* Safety - Accountable for risk assessments, safe systems of work and contractor management pertaining to engineering activities within the VS
* Resource management of VS maintenance engineers, process technicians and process engineers, ensuring that production is supported with the required competences.
* Training and development of the VS technical team members
* Accountable for development & maintenance of PFMEA for VS processes
* Through process engineering - setting appropriate manning levels required to deliver optimum process performance (routings), identifying and implementing efficiency improvements
* Machine Availability - Routine (TPM) and breakdown maintenance cover, O.E.E measurement and improvement.
* TPM Deployment within the Value Stream
* Value Stream Capex Plan for Tooling & Equipment
* Accountable for Risk Assessments in the VS.
Planning, Organising and Collaboration:
* Leads development of VS design, collaborating with regional and divisional technical leads to implement best practice.
* Will manage a multiple discipline technical team and deputise for Operations manager.
* Excellent networking and collaboration within Operations
* Operates within highly complex manufacturing site, multiple shifts, lines , products and technologies.
* Primary responsibility for Operations engineering budget of up to £5m (per annum).
* Will be lead identifying and initiating Capex investment for Production area of up to £5m.
* May contribute to the annual budget planning.
* University education with an Engineering degree or equivalent relevant experience. Alternatively gained via relevant substantial vocational/on the job experience
* Significant experience in a range of technical areas and with people management/project leadership ability.
* Ability to demonstrate understanding and experience of all aspect of People Management, including Disciplinary & Grievance; performance management; coaching & mentoring; Resource Planning
* IOSH Managing Safely & ISO14001Trained
* Demonstrate an understanding of and working with Quality Management Systems/PFMEA
* Strong focus on continuous improvement and experience in TPM and Lean manufacturing
* Problem Solving
* Financial/Costing - basic Profit & Loss level understanding
* Ideal candidates would have worked in an Automotive or Chemical / Process Environment
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959517001