Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
Asda are recruiting for a Senior Product Manager with a good understanding in front end technologies, UX and experience of working in an Agile Scrum environment. This is aunique opportunity to work with the Walmart Global eCommerce 'Product' team, based in Leeds, working collaboratively with teams across the globe. You will be responsible for creating part of the product roadmap, and identifying/translating business needs in to workable solutions.
The ASDA Digital Technology Team develop, deliver and support the technology for Asda’s George.com platform. With team members in Leeds, California, Sofia and India, we are part of one of the world’s largest multi-channel technology development programs.
The Product Manager is responsible for driving the translation of business strategies, into specific technology solutions. The role defines and follows a ‘product development roadmap’, designing business and functional capabilities that deliver against both our core customer proposition, and company strategic and financial goals. The role also acts as the product champion, and is able to evangelize the product vision effectively, to senior stakeholders and is able to independently drive to agreement on product requirements and direction.
As a Product Manager, you will be influencing the features of the platform, and providing measurable analysis to ensure customer needs are met. You'll need to be prepared to travel to the United States, Bulgaria and India. You will work closely with Business Stakeholders, World Class Engineering Teams, and fellow globally based Product Managers, to bridge the gap between business and technology worlds.
- Knowledge of latest front end technology frameworks e.g React, Angular, JSON etc
- Understanding and application of mobile technology trends e.g. PWA & Apps
- Experience in product management specifically on website front end, with close collaboration with UX teams
- Good understanding of UX
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- A background in tag management solutions, and how marketing and analytics tags are set up, maintained and documented for a large eCommerce site
- Confidence talking to engineers about technical detail, and writing stories that reflect this
- Understanding of testing and debugging
- Strong experience in the use of data analysis tools
- The ability to extract key trends, meaningful insights and opportunity from the data analysis, to drive data driven product decisions
- Strong communication and data visualisation skills to present data back to key stakeholder to inform decision making
- Experience working with engineers on the technical implementation of analytics, with specific reference of Adobe Analytics (Omniture)
- Experience in developing business use-cases and identifying KPI’s for proposals
- Experience in writing logical, detailed and complete product specifications
- Strong business acumen and quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
- Able to develop detailed level of benefit / ROI analysis
- Has good time management skills and can prioritize tasks effectively.
- Understands technology and how it enables business goals
- Relevant professional experience required within technology product/program management, product marketing, project management, business development, management consulting.
- Online retail and/or marketing/strategy experience preferred
- Experience in areas listed in Functional Competencies above
- Excellent salary, car allowance, bonus and pension
- FUN environment
- A strong commitment to personal development and training
- Free parking in the centre of Leeds
- Great culture
- Staff discount
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme
- And tonnes more…
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77466790