Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Description of Business Area
Computershare Technology Services (CTS) provides global technology and infrastructure services for existing Computershare proprietary software together with a full range of development services for new products.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical support for Computershares Web and Windows application software within the EMEA region. This is a dynamic environment and will include support for some legacy systems as well as brand new products.
The team is responsible for providing support and enhancing customer experience through investigating and resolving system faults, which may require fixes to be deployed in regular software releases and delivering a service to enable our customers to run their operations effectively.
The Support Engineer will be expected to utilise their analytical, technical, and organisational skills in a range of tasks undertaken by the Application Support team in support of the regions technology offering to the Computershare businesses.
The role is a varied one made up of several key responsibilities and disciplines. A Technical Support Engineer would usually have either a Test Practitioner or Software Engineer background, or a strong knowledge of Computershares core systems and a passion for learning new skills.
They will be exposed to a variety of tasks in a cross-functional team. There will be opportunities to work with solutions developed across all of Computershares core technologies through investigation, day-to-day support, fault development and testing.
The activities noted below provide a non-exhaustive list of the responsibilities held by the Technical Support Engineer. The Company will expect the Technical Support Engineer to assume additional responsibilities, as business needs dictate.
- Fix issues by performing changes to application code, databases or configuration in a timely manner ensuring that all CTS development guidelines and standards are met
- Handle multiple concurrent issues and determine their priority based on severity Collaborate with CTS development teams to ensure support are a key stakeholder of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Provide technical assistance as required to other CTS staff
- Contribute towards team knowledge base by logging incident data and getting involved in transition to support
- Advocate and implement improvements to the existing code base
- Drive personal development through self-learning
- Travel may be required to other CTS & client sites, to execute these duties
- Any other reasonable activity
- In conjunction with other support teams, troubleshoot and diagnose production issues including breaks in applications, performance and data anomalies
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Experienced within an IT or technical environment - preferably with a minimum of 1 years experience with Microsoft .NET technology stack and a working knowledge of SQL
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills, possessing the ability to communicate at all levels, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, a good team player
- Continuous learner
Desirable Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of financial markets, in particular loan servicing
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Experience with SSRS & SSIS
- Experience with full SDLC from application definition through to deployment and maintenance
- Experience of the agile development methodology
- Exposure to ITIL practices is an advantage
- Specific Key Benefits of the role
Computershare offers all employees 25 days holiday, excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan, subsidised gym membership and a flexible employee benefits scheme.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.
Computershare Investor Services plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Computershare Investor Services plc is registered in England and Wales No 3498808 and the registered office address is: The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 8AE.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77448856