Multi Skilled Engineer
A Multi Skilled Engineer position is available at a Global Manufacturing and Production Business based near Stockport. Reporting to the Engineering manager your role will be to carry out day to day preventative and reactive maintenance and minor projects to improve machine reliability, flexibility and up time.
Michael Page are working with a Global FMCG Manufacturing and Production Business based in the Stockport Area. They are a leading manufacturer in the Print and Packaging Industry operating from multiple locations across the globe.
Multi Skilled Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure all engineering tasks are carried out and recorded on time and in a safe manner.
- Ensure plant is left in a fully functioning state for the next shift to take over and carry out an effective shift handover.
- Maintain change-parts shadow boards to support OEE levels on assigned line/equipment.
- Properly record all parts used for maintenance and repair, booking out against asset.
- Interface with the Engineering Manager for the planning & provision of spares, materials for equipment.
- To identify and carry out Continuous Improvement activities in conjunction with line production colleagues
- Carry out changeover activities in conjunction with production colleagues, including contribution to SMED programmes and other lean activities.
- To perform preventive maintenance schedules and tasks including lubrication, overhaul of spare modules, and planned downtime activity (in association with the maintenance team).
- Help Engineering training provision for production colleagues and engineering apprentices on assigned lines/equipment.
The Successful Multi Skilled Engineer:
- Engineering skills obtained by time served apprenticeship or equivalent (NVQ Level 3)
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques and root cause analysis.
- Electrically Bias (Preferred)
- Previous experience working in an FMCG Environment
Competitive Salary + Benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515691