Junior Data Scientist / Data Developer - Python, SQL
Junior Data Scientist / Data Developer / Data Engineer / Python Developer
One of the UK's leading fintech and payment platform providers requires an aspiring and talented Data Scientist to join their fast growing start up Data Science team. Our client processes a huge number of transactions and these systems generate incredibly rich data and this new team is dedicated to understanding this data; crafting products to help their clients improve understanding, forecasting, and decision making. The Data Science Group is responsible for early stage research and prototype design, delivering clear proof of concept projects and beta-level products. They are composed of data-science researchers, analysts, and domain experts, working closely with the Product Development and Operations teams. To help them realise these Proofs of Concept and beta-products they are hiring this exciting new role within the team.
This is a great opportunity for a graduate looking for an entry level role who aspires to pursue a career within the Data Science arena offering the opportunity to work alongside and learn from highly experienced Data Scientists with a large and unique set of data.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Supporting the data science group with their data science focused product development activity
- Helping to build and test applications
- Contribute to the data science research activity, supporting the code-writing process
- Helping to develop and refine the data science process
Skills and Knowledge:
- You will demonstrate a strong desire to learn new skills in the space of data science
- Python & SQL coding skills are essential
- Ability to use a version control system
- Strong BSc degree level or above in a quantitative discipline, PhD level a bonus
- Experience of implementing data science algorithms is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with Apache data science stack (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark) is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrable ability to use the Git version control system is desirable
- The ability to work in a bash shell comfortably, with an understanding of what can be achieved in the shell and an understanding of when to leave it is desirable but not essential
Our client value communication and collaboration and believe that producing research and product prototypes relies on an open and creative culture. They work normal office hours, because they believe that family and work life balance is important. On offer is also a comprehensive and extensive benefits package that also includes both personal and company bonus scheme, generous pension and holiday provision.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959514420