Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer - Permanent - Manchester - Excellent Salary
Our client is looking for a Principal Software Engineer that will provide technical and functional leadership of engineering teams. Reporting into the Software Development Manager, the successful candidate will have the ability to work well with change, be a team-player, self-learner and self-starter.
- As part of the project leadership team, the successful candidate will take responsibility for all technical aspects of a project.
- The role requires experience in both Agile and Waterfall Software Lifecycles and will join a team working in a dynamic environment, developing MicroServices written primarily in Go with some Java, deployed in Docker containers and managed by OpenShift/Kubernetes in a Linux environment
- Take full responsibility for software development across the project
- Take responsibility for Requirements Analysis and Definition
- Identify gaps or ambiguities in the formal customer requirements, seeking customer clarification where necessary
- Identify opportunities for development of new/additional capabilities or products to generate additional change proposals
- Act as the Principal Design Authority for a project, providing technical guidance to engineers during all software production activities
- Act as sign-off authority for formal, deliverable project documentation
- Supervise multiple teams of engineers carrying out software production activities across a project
- Take responsibility for development teams' compliance with the published Quality System and Software Production processes
- Take responsibility for the pursuit of best practice for software development across the company
- Liaise with other projects to minimise duplication of effort and maximise knowledge transfer, keeping knowledge of product and project developments current
- Provide technical management to multiple teams of software development engineers
- Take responsibility for the estimation of software development and engineering management activities
- Identify software-related risks and dependencies, provide mitigation strategies where appropriate
- Take responsibility for software aspects of project planning and scheduling
- Manage changes to software development activities
- Take responsibility for ensuring project software development is completed on schedule and within budget
- Identify training needs of engineers in order to meet project requirement
- Java and willing to learn Go
- Detailed understanding of Object Oriented Programming Concepts
- Ability to lead Engineering teams
- Continuous Development/Integration processes
- Linux operating systems as an end user
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959516219