Finance Assistant, Greenwich, London
Based in Greenwich, London, the Company is one of the UK's leading independent bakeries. The Company was founded in 2003 by a former Michelin-starred chef and has built a strong reputation as the go-to supplier of the widest range of quality handcrafted breads, cakes and pastries in London.
They are an ambitious and growth-oriented company looking to drive significant year-on-year growth while maintaining their core values. They have recently invested in a re-launch of the brand, as well as new bakery space, to promote the business further and ensure that any new business demand can be met.
They are currently upgrading the business reporting software to SAP B1 which is a very powerful MRP business reporting tool. This is an exciting time for the business and will enhance the business processes and reporting functionality.
- To assist in the implementation process and process development of SAP B1
- Managing the debtors ledger and prioritising accounts that need chasing in order to ensure cash collections are optimised and made in line with customer credit terms
- New customer applications are processed using applicable references from trade, banks and Credit Safe.
- Ensuring that customer statements are sent out on time along with copy invoices where required and timely resolution of customer queries
- Timely allocation of customer receipts and resolutions to receipt errors
- Processing the weekly Direct Debits in relation to receipts from customers and ensuring payments are allocated efficiently and failed D/D's are escalated where necessary
- Credit Safe monitoring in relation to important and significant changes to customer credit ratings
- Assisting with the weekly cash flow forecasts in order to assist with cash flow forecasting for the business
- Ad Hoc reporting and analysis of financial information to assist with decision making
- Processing the purchase invoices and employee expenses
- Dealing with purchase invoice queries (requesting copy invoices, credits, statements and disputes)
- Supplier statement reconciliations and payment processing to ensure that our suppliers are correctly paid within their payment terms
- To process the daily cash reports and resolve queries for the retail side of the business
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of working in an accounts receivable role and have transactional finance experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literate with proficient experience of Excel
- Proactive approach, eager to take ownership for delivering positive outcomes
They are committed to support members of the team in development in relation to formal accounts qualifications and business experience development.
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement
This may be of interest to people searching for the following: Finance Administrator, Accounts Payable, Purchase Ledger, Accounts Receivable, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, Finance Assistant, Clerk, Credit Controller, Graduate Accounting, South East London, Greenwich, Stratford, Woolwich, Manufacturing, Production
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959517409