Supply Chain/Logistics Project Engineer - 34348 - up to £2109
Supply Chain / Logistics Project Engineer - Automotive - up to £21.09 per hour
An opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain / Logistics Project Engineer to work for this luxury automotive OEM. You will have previous experience of working within advanced programme management, ideally in an automotive environment.
Every day the Global MP&L team schedules and receives thousands of parts deliveries into our manufacturing sites, as well as coordinating the transport of finished vehicles worldwide. Working with hundreds of suppliers, with links to every function in the company, Global MP&L provides a vital role in continued success.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Develop business cases and conduct feasibility studies for UK manufacturing projects
- In conjunction with the MP&L Design for Logistics team challenge existing product designs and demonstrate how changes would deliver cost reductions to the supply chain
- Liaise with Purchasing to ensure that future component supplier selection ensures total cost sourcing
- Lead studies to understand if complexity is justifiable and identify lowest cost complexity management solution
- Represent MP&L at senior level business reviews
- Document and action lessons learnt
- Lead the LPAT (Logistics Programme Attribute Team) process for planned New Model programmes.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee Recruitment
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513745