Desktop Architect - Windows 7 / VDI / Citrix
Desktop Architect - Windows 7 / VDI / Citrix required by a Global Professional Services Company with an annual turnover of over £150 million and over 1000 staff globally. This Company has an unrivalled reputation within the Professional Services sector, and works with the latest technologies. It also actively promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Desktop Architect - Windows 7 / VDI / Citrix you will co-own, develop, provide support leadership and maintain the company's global desktop architecture, application packaging and delivery methods. You will manage upgrades and replace desktop solutions projects, such as desktop security and remote access. This Company is constantly investing in its IT, and there are a number of exciting projects you will be able to get involved in from the out-set.
Main responsibilities of the Desktop Architect - Windows 7 / VDI / Citrix:
- To co-own the company's desktop and remote desktop solutions
- Maintain the desktop solutions inline with Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO27001
- You will contribute to the roadmap for continuous improvement
- Lead projects such as upgrades to desktop solutions, office expansions, office moves, desktop security and remote desktop projects
Maintenance and support
- Lead and provide targeted technical support for the company's desktop systems
- Provide 3rd line infrastructure support
- Provide support for other systems such as servers and operating systems
Essential skills of the Desktop Architect - Windows 7 / VDI / Citrix:
Previous technical experience in:
- Skilled in the design, build, configuration and management of the global desktop and VDI architecture including Active Directory
- Expert in desktop operating systems including Windows 7, including the configuration methods, deployment, management and maintenance (such as MD, Group Policy, SCCM, RIS etc)
- Expert in Microsoft office application configuration, deployment, management and maintenance (such as OCT, GPO)
- Proven track record of using desktop management tools
- Desktop build maintenance of both physical and VDI
- Knowledge of hypervisors that underpin VDI architecture (such as VMware or Vcenter)
- Experience of working in professional services would be a advantage
As a Desktop Architect - Windows 7 / VDI / Citrix you will receive a base salary of up to £65,000 plus an extensive benefits package, including a professional development program and training scheme, above industry holiday allowance, full family life and health insurance, contributory pension scheme, marriage and paternity leave, gym membership and much more.
If you are interested in the role, then please apply via the link provided.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510973