Meter Data Technician
The Meter Data Technician is responsible for the downloading, collating and monitoring of data from customers' electric meters.
Our client works with many public and private establishments, and you will be expected to provide courteous service during your visits.
The Meter Data Technician will need the flexibility to travel long distances and out of region as necessary, with some occasional overnight stays, although this is rare.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
- Upon arrival on site, liaise with the relevant customer contact to gain access to the meter
- Download the meter data and carefully check the Meter Point Asset No (MPAN) and Meter Serial Number to ensure access to the correct meter
- Record the data onto SMR Software
- In the event you cannot gain access to site or locate the correct meter, write up notes on system to record any unreadable downloads on the system.
- Promptly respond to scheduling enquiries and maintain frequent contact with Head Office
- Maintain the tools and company vehicle on a weekly basis
Skills and attributes required:
- Must be able to obtain a DBS certificate
- Must hold a full UK driving license with supported documentation
- People skills, teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent customer service
- Accurate data inputting skills
- Commercially aware
- Health & Safety at work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to react to customer facing situations professionally
- Flexible approach to travel
- Demonstrate ownership of issues and use initiative
- Self-motivated and confident
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Smart and presentable at all time
- Keeping the company's vehicle clean and tidy at all time
The Meter Data Technician is required to participate in regular training / learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
Once the relevant skill sets and training structure are in place, the Meter Data Technician could develop into a Gas Meter Installer.
Salary: £18,000 (OTE up to £22,000)
Permanent Role - 45 hours per week (usually Monday to Friday)
* Pension Scheme after 3 months
* 20 days' holiday and Bank Holiday (increasing to 25 days with length of service)
* Company vehicle and tools
* Mobile phone
* Living Essentials (8,500 discounts on retails, days out, eating out, etc.)
* Employee Assistance Programmes (health, legal and counselling)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959516891