We are recruiting for a Software Engineer / Software Developer who has a passion and background in developing applications using C# or C++ for real world products. You will be part of a Southampton based team developing cutting edge scientific instruments which involve technologies and techniques such as optical inspection, 3D capture and visualisation, image processing, object detection and recognition. These products are helping to revolutionise industries such as Biomedical, Aerospace, automotive and optics and robotics. If you software development knowledge is in C++ you must be open and willing to learn C#
As a Software Engineer you will responsible for producing high quality software solutions, many of which will interface to, and control, cutting edge hardware systems.
- Software design and development, primarily in C# and .NET.
- Algorithm development for both data analysis and robotic control.
Successful Software Engineer applicant will have the following:
- Strong engineering/mathematical background
- Comprehensive knowledge of the full software life-cycle (in C# and .NET). However C++ will be considered, but you must be willing to learn c#)
- Knowledge of algorithm development and data visualisation experience.
- Experience in 3D visualisation, 3D capture, object detection, i.e. OpenGL or similar beneficial
- Background or interest in robotics, automation, image processing, metrology, or similar beneficial
- Ideally, you will have previously worked on integrated hardware/software solutions in a field such as automation and robotics or metrology industries.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959518103