Salary: GBP 55,000 - GBP 60,000
Our client, the world's leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property, infrastructure and construction is looking for a Lead Accountant to join their existing team.
This role is home based and you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of Accountants and Auditors, to deliver high quality, transparent, robust regulatory compliance audits as a key part of delivering valued assurance and robust enforcement of standards within the global chartered surveying profession.
- Successfully lead a team of Accountants and Auditors by providing quality regulatory technical expertise and excellent management / operational direction - overseeing the team to ensure work is progressed within set timeframes and KPIs are met.
- Provide support, expertise and oversight on complex risk and compliance issues, providing technical direction and making key decisions to ensure appropriate regulatory action is taken, based on sound judgement and in accordance with their regulations and Rules of Conduct, and risk-based regulatory approach.
- Effectively manage the team / individuals providing clear communication; robustly managing performance / providing timely constructive feedback (regular reviews); and supporting / coaching individuals to improve and fully engage in their own development and learning.
- Delivery of robust audit reports by the team and individuals in accordance with plans and agreed processes which achieves the creation and development of strong relationships, appropriate compliance and assurance monitoring, dissemination of their policy developments, rule and process changes and the collation of relevant firm and market intelligence.
- Delivery of Professional Audit activity which achieves organisational KPIs and meets the expectations of internal stakeholders.
- Delivery by the team of confident engagement with firms and representatives that is appropriately intrusive and challenging where necessary but which achieves the highest levels of quality, timeliness and professionalism and ensures that each firm is open, constructively engages with the organisation, and takes all requisite steps to comply with its regulatory obligations.
- Provide regular reporting on trends, analysis and intelligence on Professional Audit issues to help develop their overall Regulation framework and policy agenda.
- Prepare and deliver training packages and guidance on compliance issues for the profession through workshops, webinars and other media.
- Undertake effective oversight of the team and where necessary provide assured support to them, expertise and ownership of challenging or complex regulatory relationships or issues with individual firms or their representatives.
- Jointly visit with Accountants and Auditors, or where appropriate, lead the organisation's relationship with firms as necessary through an appropriate engagement strategy.
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for collaborative internal engagement, ensuring representation of the team on a range of internal forums and establishment of other relationships, to promote a wider understanding of the team's activities, share intelligence and promote consistency within the organisation and contribute to the development of company-wide culture, policies and, processes.
- Maintaining an excellent understanding of the environment in which the firms operate and be proactive and forward-looking about identifying relevant risk areas for future engagement with firms.
- Substantial experience in accounting and/or auditing and relevant regulatory experience at a comparable regulator and/or relevant experience in a large corporate organisation or professional services environment.
- Evidence of devising and implementing effective operational plans and processes.
- Experience of developing performance management frameworks and delivery against key performance indicators
- Must be able to demonstrate a good commercial awareness or understanding of the surveying services market, including political and economic influencing factors.
- Excellent leadership skills, with experience of managing professionals to deliver high quality work to KPIs.
- A proven ability to manage performance, with experience of coaching, mentoring and developing people.
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to adapt style to explain complex issues succinctly, with clarity both in writing and orally, and a proven ability to influence and challenge others.
- Proactive decision making and an ability to analyse complex information and make sound judgements based on clear rationale - demonstrating a good sense of risk-based judgement and business acumen to identify key issues and solutions.
- Evidence of working in a dynamic environment where priorities may change at short notice, and be able to make sound judgements, along with the ability to plan and deliver effective results - resilient and tenacious.
- Proven experience of operating autonomously and collaborating as part of a functional or cross functional team.
- Good knowledge of the surveying or property profession and the organisation's Regulations and Rules of Conduct against which the key regulatory risks in the regulation of Surveying services will be assessed.
- Ability to critically examine, interpret and challenge complex information.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering change through leadership.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513923