As a Software Engineer in the team, you'll be responsible for the analysis, definition, design, implementation, testing, maintenance and support of the Risk products. You'll work closely with QA engineers to ensure that what we deliver is to a high standard.
Mentoring junior members of the team also forms part of the role, working alongside the team management to help further enhance the skills and capabilities of the team.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities: (Specific day-to-day responsibilities and milestones needed to achieve the objectives)
- Develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Create and execute unit testing and integration testing ensuring software meets requirements.
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure that code is developed to a high quality
- Contribute to the creation of design, leading the design of components
- Provide technical support to operations or other development teams
- Create, review, and maintain all required technical documentation to ensure supportability and reuse
- Review work of peers and more junior developers.
- Assist with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Actively participate in team and status meetings, providing timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to supervisor
Key Relationships: (Those key individuals they will work with internally and externally)
- Development Manager
- Development Team Lead (reporting to)
- Development and QA Team
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiar with various design patterns
- Understanding of security implications and secure coding
- Familiar with RESTful interfaces
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt, Gulp.js, webpack
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Self starter - does what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Skill for writing clean, readable code and reusable components
- Proficient using source code management tools such as version control or SVN
- Experienced in a formal agile software development lifecycle
- Familiar with continuous build and integration
- Experience with Test Driven Development and / or Behaviour Driven Development
Desired Skills/Experience Required: (Outline in bullet point form the nice to have skills & experience)
- Web-Components and Google Polymer
- Cloud technologies
Education/ Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications (denote required or preferred))
- A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959514325