Internal Audit Manager - Global Business
Internal Audit Manager Position.
Reporting to CFO and Audit Committee
Global Firm Based in the South West
- Carry out independent evaluations and appraisals of the effectiveness of the policies, rules and procedures through which financial, physical and human resources are managed.
- Provide management with a comprehensive risk management process to ensure that risks are identified, and evaluate existing internal controls' ability to mitigate the impact and likelihood of occurrence of the identified risks.
- Maintaining an awareness of changes in operations, regulations and audit practices in order to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency, and advocate and influence the highest standards of ethics, discipline, and professionalism.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends, new and emerging technologies, tools, and methodology, and elicit information from knowledgeable internal/external sources about areas and functions to evaluate or analyse.
- Perform special analyses and reviews, including compliance, instances of alleged fraud and unethical misconduct. Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management.
- Develop a flexible risk based annual internal audit plan using risk based support models and methodologies, and ensure its full implementation.
- Where applicable provide advice regarding audit programmes and testing procedures to ensure that identified risks are addressed and adequately provided for; and activities conform to regulation, policies, departmental procedures, and professional standards.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of governance, risk management, and internal controls.
- Develop and implement fraud and unethical behaviour prevention programs driven by risk based support models.
- Participate in various committees or task forces geared to policy and procedure development and governance and operational improvement.
- Prepare and maintain internal audit documentation for all financial implicated processes for which the role is responsible.
- Analyses effectiveness and efficiency of control environment; Identifies audit gaps and makes recommendations on any necessary process improvement, corrective actions, or remediation. Identifies opportunities to strengthen operational and business controls.
- Offers independent opinions on audit effectiveness and consults on the development of policies, procedures and systems.
- Manages projects and workflow.
- Promote the culture of internal audit and ensure the awareness is sufficient at all levels.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive external and/or internal audit experience.
- Professional accounting qualification, likely to be ACA or CIMA.
- To have a number of years' post-qualification experience; and practical experience of reviewing financial/internal audit processes and identifying key controls with a focus on best practice.
£40-60k dependent on experience
Excellent Benefits Package
Opportunity to develop role over time
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959516910