To carry out duties as required to Maintain Plant and Equipment and Safe Systems of Work within the site.
- Lead, motivate and develop direct reports through the application of core values, performance management and identification of training solutions.
- To Lead, drive and monitor Health & Safety Activities across the site
- Advise the company on changes to Health and Safety Legislation.
- Liase with the HSE as required.
- Report all RIDDOR incidents.
- Monitor and analyse Health & Safety statistics.
- Carry out and co-ordinate audits.
- Review safety policies & procedures.
- Ensure that Risk assessments and actions are carried out in a timely manner.
- Collate accident and near miss information.
- Carry out accident and incident investigations as required.
- Keep abreast of technological advancements within the industry within areas such as: Equipment, Skills, Training, etc. Work with Innovations team to ensure we are up to date with latest manufacturing capabilities.
- Providing an effective and service focused, Site Engineering maintenance function, through the analysis and reporting of performance information against expected levels, e.g. OEE and deliver a targeted proactive schedule to deliver better than budgeted OEE levels..
- Preparation and management of the engineering budgets against agreed KPI's. In addition work with Operations Director to identify opportunities for reducing spend and targeting overhead reduction opportunities.
- To secure supplies of materials and services on terms and conditions optimised to benefit the Company, whilst maintaining an adequate number of approved suppliers to allow competitive negotiation.
- Identify and manage capital projects from inception to conclusion on time and within budget. Work with the Operations Director to ensure all capital proposals are in-line with the 3 year Strategic business plan. Ensure all capital project are given a thorough post implementation review to review their efficacy.
- Review and improve the planned maintenance system to deliver high-level line performance and achievement of World Class Site OEE.
- Work with the Operations Management team to ensure that shift Engineers are successfully integrated into the manufacturing Cells.
- To actively support production by assisting with operator training in operator maintenance, basic fault finding, machine changeover (SMED).
Relevant Engineering qualification, HNC or Degree.
NEBOSH or IOSH (minimum certificate level)
Business Related Competencies
Demonstrate knowledge of world class management techniques e.g. Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, TPM.
Operational and Financial understanding and budget control
Successful implementation of capital projects and demonstrated project management skills
Knowledge of Equipment, suppliers and services.
Experience of the Private Label industry in the UK, Europe
Line management at departmental head
Fast moving consumer goods market (FMCG) in the UK, Europe and Global arena.
Understanding of the Retailer service requirements.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515677