SolidWorks Mechanical Design Engineer
Solid People are happy to be working with one of the world's largest packaging machines manufacturers.
This client of ours has gathered a century of engineering experience, installed in 62 countries on more than 6,000 operations around the World, and they have an extensive experience in packaging most products.
They are now looking to take on a Design Engineer who can produce design solutions to customer specific requirements using SolidWorks for 3D and AutoCAD for 2D design. The job involves mechanical design solutions with the production of General Arrangement drawings along with complete Bills of Materials plus all relevant detail drawings associated with the design.
- Design and detail new mechanical projects to engineering design specification.
- Design using our client's standards.
- Liaise with other departments to achieve most efficient project.
- Design using AutoCAD 2D and SolidWorks 3D systems.
- Drawing up and processing of bills of materials.
- Travel as required to carry out offsite survey visits at customers' factories in the UK and overseas.
- Ability to check own project.
- Work on own initiative.
- Meet deadlines set by Line Manager.
- To maintain an efficient and tidy working environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a practical engineering background and experience of mechanical design ideally 3-5 years industry experience.
- Must have an appropriate engineering qualification such as a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar. Min of a HNC/HND in an Engineering subject.
- Must be a confident 3D CAD user preferably on SolidWorks
- Ideal experienced in special purpose machinery or knowledge of dynamic motions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959514051