BI Systems Developer
BI Systems Developer
A leading global retailer are looking for a talented BI Systems Developer to join their fast-paced innovative team of developers and deliver a new company-wide data warehouse and suite of BI Tools.
This role will contribute to the effectiveness of the Development team through designing and implementing solutions to meet business requirements, through analysis, design, development, test and subsequent support of the Development Applications to be used.
The role is focussed around the development and management of reporting within the team. The key tasks will be:? Development of new and existing BI solutions - covering reporting databases, data models, dashboards and reports? Working with the business analyst team to capture and review reporting requirements? Configuration and optimisation of BI tools? Data quality monitoring and improvement
BI Systems Developer Responsibilities:
- Investigation of business requirements and implementation of Development Applications.
- Providing detailed functional specifications & technical specifications.
- Anticipating risks & issues as well as mitigations.
- Reviewing project proposals and determining goals, timescales and resource requirements to meet approved project requirements
- Documentation of all project stages in accordance with the SDLC Methodology.
- Assist in production of project plans. Timely reporting of any delays along with impact and mitigationsPerform quality assurance system testing to ensure a quality product is delivered to the end users for acceptance testing.
- Provide training and assist key users with user acceptance testingPresent and agree the solution design with key business users/project sponsors as well as the Business Analysts and Development Manager.
- Design and develop solutions to meet business functional requirements.
BI Systems Developer Essential Skills:
- Writing T-SQL queries, stored procedures etc
- Training and support - training and support of BI tools for super users across an organisation
- BI exerience specifically around self service reporting
- Microsoft SQL Server (versions 2008 and above)
- Data Modelling - analysis and design of data models using formal modelling techniques
- In-depth knowledge of SQL 2008.
- Knowledge of VB6 & SQL 2000
- Knowledge of SQL Performance Tuning
- Knowledge of SQL diagnostic tools
- BI tool knowledge specifically around self service reporting
BI Systems Developer Desirable Skills:
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) - building reports plus administration (deployment, access control etc Power BI - any experience using Microsoft's cloud BI tools would be advantageous
- SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) - building multi-dimensional or tabular models - Some experience would be advantageous.
- SQL Integration Services (SSIS) - not essential but any experience using SSIS or any other ETL type tools would be useful
- .NET - not critical but any experience integrating SSRS , Power BI dashboards into .NET web applications would be useful.
- Visual Basic - experience of coding using VB would help understand some of our legacy reporting systems.
We are looking to speak with the most talented BI Systems Developers on the market. To apply for the BI Systems Developer role please hit the apply button now or get in touch for further information!
Ferhan Zaheer / ******************************** / ************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515308