Higher Education Study Support Advisor
SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
Higher Education Study Support Advisor (18 hours per week)
£20,950 - £32,241 pro rata (dependent on qualifications and experience)
38 weeks per year
Under the direction of the Head of Faculty for Higher Education, you will be responsible for the effective delivery of Study Support and mentoring to Higher Education students in receipt of DSA funding at the Sparsholt campus.
In this role you will identify support needs, interpret diagnostic assessments and provide and monitor appropriate study support and mentoring for individual students liaising with Course tutors and other colleagues as appropriate.
The successful applicant will have:
-Demonstrate experience of working in a student support role in an educational setting.
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
-Possess an appropriate academic or professional qualification in a relevant subject at Level 6 or above, a teaching qualification and a current DSA Registration Certificate
The basic contractual weeks worked are 38 weeks per year. The working hours are 18 hours per week. Please set out your preferred working pattern within your application form.
This position is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing date: 27 November 2017
* Eligibility to join the Teachers' Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
* Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
* Free on- site parking
* Car Share Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Flexible Working Policy
* Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
* Child Care Vouchers
* Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
* You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
* Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
* Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
* Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
* Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
* Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial providerInterested? Register for free now and apply today!