Electrically biased Maintenance Engineer
Title - Electrically biased Maintenance Engineer
Shift pattern - Double Days, 07:00 - 15:00 & 15:00 - 22:00
On a rota basis, you will be required to work 4 hours on a Saturday and Sunday. You will be made aware for this 3 months in advance.
Location - Derbyshire Salary & Package - £25,000 - £35,000 (avg is £30,000) + life/death cover + healthcare + pension + 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) + ongoing support and training in the UK and abroad + employee recognition rewards + progression
Company With 31 sites across the globe, 4,800 employees and an enviable turnover of $1 billion dollars, this extremely impressive business is currently seeking an electrically biased Maintenance Engineer to bolster their existing team of 11.
As a business, they don't manufacture anything, they purely provide a service consisting of treatment and repair of special purpose machinery.
Onsite there are 31 keys assets (machines) which predominantly consists of; vacuum furnaces, gas & electric furnaces, plasma coating, ceramic coating, robotics, aluminising machinery and platinum coating, along with welding, laser cutting, fabrication and acid stripping. Along with the capital machinery, they also have around 1,000 sq ft of hydraulics and sub systems which may require attention.
- When you join, you will initially be working on a Days shift pattern. This will be until you feel comfortable to go onto your actually shift pattern of Double-Days.
- From here, you can look forward to working with an established team and with a Maintenance Manager who has been with the business for 27 years, there is nothing this person doesn't know about the machine or site so you will be able to learn everything you need!
- Each shift begins with a meeting to prioritise work and obtain updates on what's happening throughout the shift.
- 80% of the work that you will be carrying out will be electrically biased, the remaining 20% would consist of removing and replacing certain mechanical component parts, panels, guards and so on.
- This role is heavily biased towards reactive maintenance. This is due to them having a dedicated provider of planned maintenance and service.
- Electrical apprenticeship
- Industrial maintenance background
- Ability to read electrical schematic diagrams and fault find electrically
- Very strong electrical fault finding capabilities
- Has the ability to check inputs and outputs on a PLC
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77572807