Merchandiser - London
Our client, based in London, is currently looking for a Merchandiser to join their team on an initial 3 month contract, to start ASAP.
The main purpose of this role is to build best-in-class convenience planograms for all store clusters, ensuring they are customer friendly, easy to shop and embed all corporate ranging principles. To co-ordinate category 'blitz' sessions to approve principles, SKU count, distribution and case fill for each range.
What I need to do
- Deliver best-in-class Convenience planograms in a consistent and timely manner
- Embed in each planogram the range strategy and selection agreed for each range review and refresh
- Ensure all planograms are compliant with the corporate merchandising principles
- Embed agreed future trends into the planograms, supporting changes to customer behaviour and changes in the convenience channel
- Understand retail implementation with store visits and to create a feedback loop with the store colleagues
- Run category 'blitz' sessions to sign-off all ranges within the Ranging timeline, for onward confirmation to Supply Chain & Retail
- Create clear, timely store briefing packs for each range update
Milestone Tracking and Cross-Functional Working
- Work closely with range analyst on the agreed range, customer decision hierarchy and adjacencies within store
- Work with the Category, Supply Chain and Retail teams to ensure best possible planograms and store execution
- Complete Range Comm milestones and provide updates weekly progress updates.
- Respond to retail and customer queries in a timely and efficient manner
How you will succeed
- Complete all planograms in agreed time-frame for every range review, using the ranging corporate principles that meet the category vision for all store cluster groups
- Ensure accurate store planograms are published on Connect/Portal with clear briefing packs produced for each range review and refresh
- Develop expert knowledge within the team and share best practice to continually improve merchandising principles and process
- Create network of cross-functional contacts - evidenced by 360 feedback
What you need to know
- Product, market and consumer knowledge
- Judgement - to challenge non adherence to the guiding principles
- Analytical - skilled in data manipulation
- Influencing - influences successfully across teams
- Effective communicator - understands the importance of, and builds a network within the team and wider business
What you need to show
- Customer Focused
- Perspective on retail display
- A good eye for detail
- Organisational skills & self-motivation
- Ability to prioritise and plan workload
- Communication and engagement ability
- PC literate with good knowledge of excel
- Experience of working in retail or trading
If you are interested in this position, please apply ASAP.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77512727