This is a brand new role that has been created due to the amount of growth the business is experiencing. This is a great opportunity for someone ready to take a step up into a merchandising role, or move into a merchandising role with a business that will give them the opportunity to excel and progress.
My client are a very well established retail business based in London who are currently undergoing an amazing transition period. They are opening over 20 new high tech stores across the UK showcasing their exciting products.
The Merchandiser is responsible for forecasting and delivering the forward plan for their department(s). They will be accountable for delivering the sales, profit and stock targets to help the department(s) deliver an enticing product selection for customers whilst meeting commercial targets.
The successful Merchandiser would also be responsible for
- WSSI Control
- Range reviews alongside Buyers
- Improving stock availability to ensure maximised sales
- Manage suppliers, branded beauty, ensuring a strong mutually beneficial relationship
- Constantly identifying and implementing Merchandising process improvements,
The successful merchandiser will have :
- A good understanding of Buying and Merchandising
- The ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Good communication skills - working closely with Buying, Branch Merchandising, Retail Operations, Logistics and external Suppliers
- A thorough approach required on forecasting and planning sales and intake across the range
- The ability to hit deadlines
The salary on offer is dependent on level of experience, they are looking to pay between £35,000 - £40,000 + bonus.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77414474