An exciting opportunity for a Senior Assistant Merchandiser looking to take their step into an established Junior Merchandiser position. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to further develop your proven Merchandising skills.
Our client is a Fashion Retailer who pride themselves on the quality of service they give their customers. They're currently looking for an Assistant Merchandiser who is looking to progress within a successful and growing company.
The Junior Merchandiser will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring range plans and trading plans to ensure optimum stock levels are achieved and OTB is maximised at all times.
- Working closely with the buying team to build a commercial range which not only meets business targets and budgets, but also customer's expectations.
- Developing detailed range plans with appropriate product phasing to ensure availability is maximised and to minimise terminal stock.
- Maximising in-season trading opportunities to ensure optimum trading and profitability. Reacting to trading activity suggesting markdowns and promotions where appropriate.
The successful candidate will need the following skills:
- Currently working at Junior Merchandiser or Senior Assistant Merchandiser level for an established retailer, ideally with fashion experience.
- Knowledge and experience planning and trading your own department, including forecasting and OTB management responsibilities.
- A degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to react appropriately to in-season trading.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77292341