Lead Product Designer
We are seeking a Lead Product Designer to join our innovative design team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a design led brand and utilise a 3D printer, workshop, sample room and onsite test laboratories. The ideal candidate will be an established consumer goods Product Designer seeking their first step into a management role or alternatively they will be keen to apply their design skills to a new product category.
Reporting to the Product Director and working across a multi disciplined team, this role will take responsibility for conceptualising and designing pushchairs and nursery equipment that embody the Mamas & Papas design DNA whilst also meeting the needs of the consumer. Key responsibilities include:
- Completing design research including a review of the competitor marketplace including materials, form, colour and construction.
- Attending inspiration trips, trade shows, reviewing and analysing market research, focus groups and historic range sales performance to identify gaps, functionality and product opportunities.
- Creating new and innovative product designs that are in line with the brand identity, incorporating ergonomic and anthropometric considerations, ensuring the end user is at the heart of the design intention.
- Creating solutions to design problems through sketching, CAD, building and appraising prototypes.
- Ensuring consistency of brand identity throughout the range and taking ownerhip of form, finish, colour, material selection and branding.
- Working cross functionally to deliver product to market including Buying, Engineering, Soft Goods, Quality and Marketing.
- Leading, empowering and providing clear direction to a Product Designer.
You will be an established consumer goods Product Designer or Industrial Designer working in house or within a design agency environment with experience of taking products from concept through to production for mass market. You will have experience of working with metal fabrications and injected moulded plastics, alongside experience of working with Far East suppliers. Candidates from a consumer electrics, automotive, gift, kitchenware or gym equipment design background would be of interest.
- You will demonstrate an understanding of visual brand identity along with the ability to design innovative solutions to aesthetic challenges and a focus on the consumer throughout the entire design process.
- You will have strong communication skills and will be able to demonstrate a collaborative approach alongside the ability to influence and engage senior stakeholders.
- You will be able to communicate design ideas through strong sketching ability and will have proficient CAD ( Solidworks ) skills.
- Current or previous management experience would be advantageous.
Mamas & Papas is a premium nursery retailer with an Italian family, design led heritage.Our founders, David & Luisa have grown the business through putting Families First, applying Thoughtful Design, Thinking Differently and setting and maintaining Rock Solid Standards. David & Luisa, alongside their daughter remain an instrumental part of the business to date. The Mamas & Papas family now extends to:
- 30+ plus stores
- 200 Independent Retailers & Large National Accounts in the UK
- Franchises and distributors in over 50 countries
- UK & USA E-Commerce Sites
- Head Offices in Huddersfield, Hong Kong & USA
- In-house Design & Development team
The Benefits & Training
You will be welcomed into the family with a robust induction plan. In addition to a competitive salary, benefits include:
- 33 Days holiday per annum inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution subject to the rules of auto enrolement
- Colleague Discount
- Free Parking onsite
- Subsidised canteen
If you are keen to join a highly creative, design led brand, take your 1st steps and apply today.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77203978