Contract - Reporting directly into the Programme Manager, as Project Engineer you will be required to manage and liaise with all departments, suppliers and customers on project matters. Developing key customer relationships from the outset with control of administration documents from Control Action Instructions, samples, product development and product change, to handing over to production.
Our client are Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturing organisation based outside of Newport.
As the Project Engineer you will be the interface with Sales ,Design, Development and Production on site in Newport. You will support both the customer team, programme manager and the NPI Manager with up to date customer feedback relating to all aspects of NPI programmes. Some key responsibilities include:
- The creation of project files from initial instructions from the Sales department.
- Liaise with all departments in the creation & control of all documentation from customer requirements for project matters, APQP and PPAP Submissions.
- Liaise with all departments regarding sheet stock, tooling, feasibility, priority & timing.
- Creation of project plans and presentation to customer at requested regular intervals to highlight control and working to customer PND's.
- Creation of action plans and issue to relevant departments.
- Liaise with production personnel within the company for sample production status and support as and when required.
- Co-ordinate selection and packing of required samples to customer.
- Present, at regular intervals, project status to all relevant departments.
- Liaise with account managers with reference to engineering change requests and enquiries.
- Implement projects to PND's ensuring that company strategic plans are adhered to.
To be considered as NPI Project Engineer you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent.
- You will be able to demonstrate a track record in Project Management gained within the Automotive industry.
- APQP as a tool for introducing new products.
- Working knowledge of TS16949 quality management systems.
Good contracts rates.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509159