Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer - Electronics
Holt Executive are assisting a market-leading global defence company who are looking for a Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer to join them. This is a very exciting role within a dynamic and challenging business that is at the forefront of complex Aerospace / Defence engineering.
Key Responsibilities for the Lead Buyer:
- The Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer will support the development & implementation of the Category strategy, pro-actively providing ideas and solutions.
- The Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer will be responsible for leading negotiations with suppliers to optimise cost, delivery and quality of products.
- The Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer will take active participation, in multifunctional and international teams, to support definition and negotiation strategies for specific categories and/or projects.
- The Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer will lead national multi-functional teams as required.
- The Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer will manage suppliers and, where necessary, building up longer-term supplier management expectations.
- The Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer will contribute to managing supplier performance in support of the Supply Chain Managers Operational targets.
- The Lead Buyer will build strong relationships with internal customers in order to effectively serve their needs, often with shorter than expected timescales.
- Actively supporting functional excellence programmes, identifying and developing areas for improvement where new processes may be required.
- Providing and sometimes presenting briefs and reports for Senior Management reviews including potential issues/risks.
- Identifying & securing savings opportunities to the benefit of the company's competiveness.
- Raising & negotiating contract documents.
- Raising, maintaining and managing Request for Quotations, Purchase Orders and outstanding order books in an effective and timely manner.
Key Skills and Qualifications for the Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer:
- The Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer Buyer will have significant practical experience, vocational or academic qualifications.
- The Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer will have strong ability to read and interpret drawing data packs (essential).
- The Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer will be experienced in Electrical / Electronic technologies e.g. Test Equipment, Interconnects, Electronic Components.
- The Senior Buyer / Strategic Buyer will have high competence in understanding of technical queries with the ability to liaise between suppliers and customers.
- The Lead Buyer will have a good understanding of cost make up.
- Strong team skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good influencing skills.
- A proactive & flexible approach to plan and meet demanding deadlines
Please call Holt Executive on ************ for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959508717