eCommerce Business Manager
eCommerce Business Manager - We are currently supporting a busy Woodbridge based company in their search for an eCommerce Business Manager. This fast-growing company import the most innovative nursery products in the world, with relationships with all major department stores and chains in the UK that sell products in the category.
As an eCommerce Business Manager you will be an all-rounder to manage the business and fulfilment experience to help them transform their start-up operation into a bullet train.
You'll need exceptional leadership and communication skills as you'll be the on the floor ringleader for this super-fast paced, fast growing company. You'll be running all day-to-day operations. You'll be responsible for the delivery of all daily orders - both shipped to stores as well as directly to customers.
You'll be working to revamp and streamline how they work in the most efficient and effective way possible. You'll need to work hard, fast, and smart, and do it all with a positive attitude.Essential functions and responsibilities
- Organisation and follow through is extremely important for this role. You will be detail oriented and excel at developing, implementing, and managing processes. You'll be responsible for creating new processes, testing and then training and managing the team on them.
- You'll also need to be familiar and comfortable with introducing new technologies. They are also building their own so you will pick that up too.
- Daily Ops - You'll be responsible for ensuring ALL orders are delivered each day. You will be responsible for introducing new technologies, developing reporting and communication tools to improve efficiencies, creating proactive communication tools to interface with customers experiencing delivery issues in a timely and proactive manner.
- You'll need to be forward thinking and able to constantly revise and improve systems and operational protocols to ensure they can continue to meet growth demands, and be able to effectively communicate, train, manage, and get buy in from the affected teams.
- Team Communication - Communicate company policies, growth, and any relevant information clearly with team members.
- Customer Experience - You'll be responsible for ensuring they are taking care of their customers from the delivery perspective in the absolute best way possible. Customer service is extremely important to them as they strive to be the best, so working to ensure they meet this goal is extremely important also.
- Work with couriers (and other potential future carriers) to continue a good working relationship and improve systems and procedures as needed
- Growth - Work with MD on growth and expansion strategy.
- Budgeting and Analysis - Work with the MD to set and ensure labour, materials, and other appropriate cost goals are met and work with appropriate delivery department to correct when goals are missed. Even though this is mostly not a desk job, a strong proficiency in Excel, departmental budgeting and analysis is a must.
About you! - They believe that the best individuals come with varied backgrounds and experience. Here they value work ethic, problem solving skills, intellectual curiosity, and a positive attitude more than a specific degree. For this position, they are looking for the following:
- Self-motivation is a MUST. This person will need to use critical thinking skills to figure out what needs to be done before the MD tells them.
- Organisation is also a must - in many areas for this position. They need someone who can organise their workload. They also need someone who has the knowledge and ability to organise their departments from cleanliness to logistics.
- Amazing people manager who can be firm yet inclusive. You must be able to set boundaries - this is imperative. You must be able to manage a team, and to be able to staff and train temporary labour for peak periods.
- Team Player - You'll work closely with all departments on implementing better procedures for daily order inventory controls as well as improving customer communication
- Positive can-do attitude - no negative nellies please.
- Self-motivated, and ability to work autonomously with great follow through. They do not have the depth of management to be able to micromanage, so you must be able to get things done in a timely manner without someone hounding you.
- A "do-er" not someone who want to simply strategize, delegate, and throw money at problems - but someone who believes execution is the fun part.
- Detail oriented and takes full responsibility and initiative for your department.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work under high pressure. Ability to hustle is crucial here. This is not a "clock in and out" position. You must be able to work hard and long. If you're looking for a 35 hour per week job, this isn't the job for you.
- Highly Competent - You will be using tools like Excel, Power Point, and others to create and maintain department budgets, create department road maps and manage your team, so it is imperative that you are competent with these tools. You will be seeking out ways to improve and implement technology in your department in order to increase efficiency and profit.
- Ability to Solve Problems quickly and effectively - You must have the ability to make decisions based on your operational knowledge and with a high degree of common sense. Mistakes happen, and we learn a lot from them, but indecision brings growth to a screeching halt?
- Trustworthy in your commitments - It is imperative that you deliver projects complete and on time. This is an essential function of the role as a manager.
This is a bootstrapped company that runs extremely lean - so they are all are on the floor hustling, and work as hard and long as needed to get the job done. This is NOT a full time desk job - as you'll need to be on the floor figuring out how to improve systems and efficiencies with hands-on knowledge. Everyone in the office is into personal development, health and well-being, dogs and being kind. If you're looking to join an integrity driven team that you can grow with long term, this could be the opportunity for you!
On offer is a salary circa £30000 per annum, as well a fantastic career progression and the chance to work in a young and ambitious team environment within a cool office in a beautiful rural location.
If you are self-motivated and you have the necessary skills we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV and covering letter as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513178