Metadata Solutions Architect
Solution Architect - End 2 End Metadata Architect
Duration- 6 month contract
Location- Osterley, West London
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we're not stopping there. We're home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there's plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
Our experts working in Insight and Decision Science (IDS) are at the forefront of understanding consumers and creating actionable insight about their behaviors, attitudes, needs, how they like to interact and what makes them tick. This consumer intelligence helps deliver a better experience and service to consumers and improves marketing performance. IDS employs a considerable team across several locations in a variety of specialist skills including data development, analytics, research, report development, decision execution, CRM, insight consultancy, software development and econometrics and has a very extensive and deep stakeholder base across 30+ areas of Sky, covering every subject - from acquisition to retention, from on-screen to online, from marketing effectiveness to targeted advertising.
Your key responsibilities
This role reports directly to the Lead Architect in the Content Platforms department part of OTT Global TV Platforms & Apps Software Engineering unit, but will work closely with other domain architects, technical leads, and software delivery teams across all of OTT Global TV Platforms & Apps Software Engineering, Group TV and Digital Platforms (TVDP), and the other Technology divisions.
A Solution Architect will have systems architecture responsibility for a number of development projects working closely with Business stakeholders at an early proposition stage to shape Technology's approach to support a product/proposition (both on new products & propositions and extending Sky's portfolio of products & propositions). There will be an on going engagement and collaboration with delivery teams where the Solution Architect will support the teams in defining an appropriate solution to deliver a product or proposition; provide specific expertise and support around key requirements areas such as security, performance, scalability, availability and resilience. The Solution Architect also has responsibility to align solution architectures with the prevailing technical strategy and technical governance of OTT Global TV Platforms & Apps Software Engineering, TVDP, and Sky Technology.
A specific focus for this role is in supporting Sky's End to End Metadata platforms covering acquisition, rights management, scheduling and planning, ingestion, processing, enrichment and publication of Content Metadata to Sky's Online Content Discovery capabilities (Search, Recommendations, Online Electronic Programming Guide), Broadcast platforms, Video On demand Content Management Systems and Data Analytics Platforms.
- Hands on, demonstrable, experience of defining solutions architectures that deliver all platform aspects of one (or more) of Rights Management, Scheduling & Planning, Programme Metadata Aggregation, Enrichment and Publication systems.
- Hands on, demonstrable experience of defining and delivering architectural solutions that support very high numbers of peak concurrent users, that are highly available, and highly resilient in the face of dependent component failures.
- Deep understanding and delivery experience of building web-oriented distributed systems architectures.
- Experience of using Agile software development methods within the IT, Media and Telecoms industries to deliver iterative solutions.
- Demonstrable track record in a software and systems design and/or architectural capacity working in the Media industry delivering Rights Management, Scheduling & Planning, Programme Metadata Aggregation, Enrichment and Publication services.
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497144