BSL TA required to support deaf child to school in Greenwich
We are recruiting on their behalf for a Teaching Assistant who has advanced knowledge of sign language. You will be taking the child to and from school (Newham to Greenwich and back home again) via public transport.
The funding for the child is coming from Newham council, and it is a lovely position supporting a child and building a bond using sign language and spending a small amount of time each evening with the child?s parents speaking about the child?s day.
The rate of pay is £300 per week, for working just the morning and evening taking the child to and from school.
Working days are Monday-Friday term time only.
Requirements of the role are,
- - Supporting a deaf child 1:1 with the use of sign language.
- - Using your knowledge and experience of British sign language to give feedback to the parents on how the day has gone.
- - Make the child feel comfortable with your friendly and warm personality.
- - Be qualified in British Sign language preferably.
- - Must have or be willing to pay for an enhanced DBS.
If you meet all of the above criteria and would like the opportunity to support a deaf child, please apply today and we will contact you asap.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959471622