2nd Line Technical Support Engineer
2nd Line Technical Support Engineer - Milton Keynes - DV Clearance
DURATION: 6 - 12 Months Contract with the option for further contract renewals
DAILY RATE: Highly Competitive (dependent on candidate's level of experience)
*** Due to the urgency of these positions, candidates are required to hold DV Clearance before being allowed on client site ***
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer to join a progressive Product Support Team and be responsible for providing 2nd line technical support for COTS and in-house developed software products and associated databases.
You will also be responsible for database maintenance and monitoring ensuring system availability and data integrity, software testing of new or updated applications and change management when introducing new or updated software products.
To be considered for these roles, you are required to have the following technical skills:
- Proven experience of working in a 1st/2nd line application support within a technical environment;
- Databases - Microsoft SQLServer & Informix;
- Operating systems - Windows & Linux (RedHat/CentosO);
- Web Servers - liS & Apache;
- Enterprise COTS - Finance, ERP,EPM & HR;
- Virtual Infrastructure - VMWare tools.
The following are desirable and will strengthen your application:
- Experience of Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) best practice;
- Experience of software evaluation, testing, implementation & deployment;
- Experience of working with formal design and build documentation.
Location: Milton Keynes
Duration: 6 - 12 Months Contract with the option for further contract renewals
Daily Rate: Highly Competitive (dependent on level of experience)
Are you interested??? Do you have the skills and experience we require???
If the answer is yes to both questions, then please apply with your most recent copy of your CV (MS Word version), ensuring that dates of past work history is correct and up-to-date.
Capita Resourcing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Services offered by Capita Resourcing are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959500955